Last updated: May 25, 2020
The User can find more information about cookies and how to manage them in the following information. The User can change the configuration of the cookies and deactivate some or all the cookies of this Web Site at any time here. The User can also change their browser settings so that the Web Site’s cookies cannot be placed on their device.
This Policy forms an integral part of the Legal Disclaimer accessible at all times from the Web Site.
If the User has any questions regarding the cookies used by ArsCorporate, they can contact us.
What are Web Beacons?
ArsCorporate occasionally advertises on third party websites. As part of the effort to track the success of ArsCorporate’s advertising campaigns, sometimes a visitor identification technology is used such as „web beacons“ or „action tags“, which count visitors who have visited the Web Site after being exposed to an ArsCorporate banner advertisement on a third party site. This technology is not used to access the User’s personal information and is only used to compile aggregate statistics about visitors to the Web Site to evaluate the effectiveness of the ads.
A „cookie“ is a technology that allows the Web Site to store information sheets (an „identifier“) on the browser used by the Web Site while the User on the Web Site. Cookies are sent back to the Web Site on each subsequent visit, or to another Web page that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are used to make the Web Site work, or to make it work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the Web Site.
Cookies perform many different tasks, such as allowing the User to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering preferences and generally improving the User’s experience. Cookies can indicate, for example, whether a User has visited the Web Site before or is a new visitor. They can also help ensure that the advertisements viewed online are more relevant to the User and their interests.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First-party cookies, served directly by ArsCorporate to the User’s device.
- Third-party cookies, which are served by a third party on behalf of ArsCorporate.
Cookies can remain on the User’s computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are „session cookies“, which means that they only exist while the browser is open. They are automatically deleted once the User closes the browser. Other cookies are „permanent cookies“, which means that they survive after the browser is closed. They can be used by the Web Site to recognise the User’s computer or mobile device when the User opens the browser and browses the Internet again.
- Essential/strictly necessary cookies, which are essential for the operation of the Web Site.
- Performance Cookies, which help measure the performance of the Web Site and improve the User’s experience. No personal data is stored when using performance cookies, and only the information collected through these cookies is used in an aggregate and anonymous manner;
- Functionality Cookies, which allow us to improve the User’s experience (for example, by remembering any settings the user has selected);
- Advertising/targeting cookies, which we use to track User activity and sessions in order to provide a more personalized service, and (in the case of advertising cookies) which are set by the third parties with whom the advertising campaigns are executed and allow the provision of ads relevant to the User; and
- Social Media Cookies, which enable the sharing of content on social media channels, such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
In addition, cookies are also used on certain pages of the Web Site to communicate with third party data providers in order to extrapolate the User’s digital behavior. This helps to understand and target more relevant advertising in the future. The information received is all aggregated and anonymous, but will include statistics such as demographics, online behavior, product interests and lifestyle. The targeting and tracking cookies are provided through trusted third party providers. If the User needs more information about the providers and how these cookies work, he can contact us.
The cookies this Web Site uses can be consulted here.
The User has the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies and is explained how to exercise this right below. However, it should be noted that if the User decides to reject the cookies, it is possible that he/she may not be able to use all the functionality of the Web Site.
The User may change the cookie settings of this Web Site at any time here.
Alternatively, the User may block all cookies by activating the setting on their browser which allows them to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if the User uses their browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) they may not be able to access all or part of our site.
If the User accepts some or all cookies from this Web Site, they still have the option of setting their browser to notify them when they receive a cookie so that they can determine whether to accept it.
Below are links to information regarding cookie management provided by major browsers:
If the User has deactivated one or more cookies, ArsCorporate may continue to use the information collected from the cookies before the User’s deactivation preference is set; however, the deactivated cookie is no longer used to collect further information.